Saturday, September 6, 2014

Remind for Texts to Your Students


I have been using Remind (used to be called Remind101) for the past three years (in fact their CEO even wrote a nice blurb for my book which is coming out in a few months).  Students today do not use email very often, but cannot text enough to save their lives!  So when I started using Remind I found that the amount of homework among my standard (non AP/IB) students improved dramatically.  If you have students who do not have smartphones, the service also allows emails.  Additionally you can send a message to as few as three students.  

4 comments:

Patrick Morrison said...

My name is Patrick Morrison and I am a student in the Elementary Education program at the University of South Alabama. Thank you for making this video. As a future teacher I find this to be a very interesting tool that you talk about. It reminds me of groups or pages on Facebook that you can follow but without all the hassle of having to have a Facebook account. This would also be a good way to keep in contact with parents in large numbers in a way that would not require you to keep a list nearby at all times should you need this. Would you mind if I share this on my EDM310 class blog for my fellow classmates? I will be summarizing my visits to your blog with a post on 9/21/14. My blog: http://morrisonpatrickedm310.blogspot.com/ and my class's blog http://edm310.blogspot.com/

eLearning Blog said...

I do not mind your sharing the blogs with your class.

eLearning Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Nice information, good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need; thanks for this Great post.
unblocked games sites google